Sunday, June 30, 2013

Nothing is Impossible with God

Today I read Psalms 113 and the last verse caught my attention, "He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children".  The thing that stands out to me when I read that is nothing is impossible to the Lord, absolutely nothing.  The scriptures are full of women who were barren suddenly conceiving.  Perhaps the most miraculous is Sarah, the wife of Abraham who had already passed menopause.  Yes it is amazing that a barren woman can conceive but I have seen that in modern day times due to the miracle of science and medicine.  But I have never heard of a woman conceiving through normal means and carrying a child to full term after already having gone through menopause.  Nothing is impossible with the Lord.  He is the master over life and death and all in between.  If we ask it of the Lord and it does not interfere with His plan for us and will not do us harm, then He will give it to us or allow it to happen.  Nothing is impossible with God.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment