Monday, June 17, 2013

Choose Righteousness Over Wickedness

Today I read Psalms 83 and 84 and it never fails to warm my heart to see others being righteous.  David states that he would rather be a doorkeeper with the righteous than to dwell in the tents of the wicked.  I have the same feeling.  I would rather be a righteous pauper than a wicked prince.  Righteousness is its own reward.  As I have mentioned before, Elder Bednar taught that the reward for living the commandments are more commandments.  I read an article in the June 2013 where President Kimball reminded us that we can inherit all the Father hath if we are righteous.  Why would we trade an inheritance for everything God has for a mere mess of pottage, or a chest of gold as the case may be?  We have the potential to become God, why would we give it up?  We shouldn't.  But we each have to decide for ourselves if it is what we want.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment