Friday, June 21, 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude

Today I read Psalms 91 - 92 and I really enjoyed the phrase that David leads off chapter 92 with.  He states that it is a good thing to give thanks to the Lord.  It reminds me of several recent General Conference talks about saying prayers where all we do is give thanks to the Lord.  I have tried that in the past and it can be quite a challenge.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that it blessed my life, although it probably did and I didn't know it, but it is nice to take time out of our day to remind ourselves what God has done for us and what we have to be thankful for.  Just like the hymn, Count your Blessings, you will be surprised what the Lord has done for you.  It never hurts to be thankful, as a matter of fact, it could hurt to be ungrateful!  The scriptures state that against none is God's wrath kindled save those who confess not His hand in all things.  Ingratitude is one of the few sins that we are told the consequences.  Plus it feels good to say thank you and saying thanks to Heavenly Father is probably the best thing you can ever do!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment