Friday, June 14, 2013

Miracles Become Commonplace

Today I read Psalms 70 - 78.  I was struck by the recounting of Moses and the Children of Israel in the wilderness.  I am always struck by how a people as a whole could see so many miracles in their lives and still turn away from God.  However, as I have said here before, we each of us see miracles happen in our lives and take them for granted.  When we are surrounded by the miraculous, it can become mundane, or so I have been told.  I think this is the case.  When I was first married, my wife was the most wonderful person I had ever met and she brought light and joy into my life.  But I find as time goes on, I have a tendency to take her presence for granted.  If I can take the most important person in my life for granted, isn't it possible that I can take the influence of the Holy Spirit in my life for granted?  Most certainly I can and I daresay even miracles would become commonplace after a while.  So we can't judge the Israelites too harshly.  We don't know how we would react in the same situations.  Judge not unrighteous judgements the scriptures warn us.  Wise words indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment