Friday, June 7, 2013

Only a Fool Disbelieves in God

Today I read Psalms 52 and 53 and the phrase that stood out to me is, "the fool hath said in his heart, there is no God".  In the Book of Mormon Alma confronts the anti-Christ Korihor, who denies that there is a God.  Alma then asks Korihor where is his proof that there is no God because Alma has everything as proof in God.  It is really bizarre to me that some people will not believe in God.  What is the purpose of not believing?  It is said that the greatest trick the devil has is to convince mankind that he does not exist.  If that is the greatest trick then the one immediately behind it is to convince mankind that God does not exist.  And I agree with David, only a fool does not believe in God, I mean what is there to look forward to?  How depressing is it to think that this is all there is? 

This world can be pretty amazing but if you look at the awful things that humans do to one another, it can be a pretty terrible place too.  I will freely admit that some days the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that this life is NOT all there is and that God will punish the wicked and that something better is waiting for me if I live the commandments and change who I am.  I agree with Alma, everything testifies to me that there is a God.  Not only that, but we have lots of witnesses from history, literally in the hundreds perhaps even the thousands, and those are just the ones we know about!  Why would disbelieve so many, even if I didn't have a testimony?  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment