Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Death Comes to Us All

Today I read Psalms 86 - 89 and I was struck by the phrase "what man liveth that shall not see death?".  Death is a universal concept, it comes to us all.  And yet we are all granted a reprieve from it through the grace and mercy of Christ.  That knowledge comforts me that I will live again and that I will see my loved ones again, but I am still terrified that I might lose my family for a time while I remain here on the earth.  I am not scared for them, because I know what happens to the righteous after death, but rather I am worried for me.  My wife is my rock and my reason for living and getting up and going to work each day.  My daughter is the bright ray of sunshine to my days that I didn't know was missing until she came along.  I don't think I could bear it if I had to say goodbye to them here in mortality until I saw them again in the next life.  I literally have nightmares about it.  But I know that God is good and will never give us more than we can handle.  If He decides it is necessary to call them home then it will be to my benefit, no matter how hard it will be.  I just pray everyday, that it is not necessary and that we will all enjoy mortality together for many, many more years.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment