Saturday, June 29, 2013

Delight in the Commandments

Today I read Psalms 109 - 112 and the phrase I liked was blessed is the man...that delighteth greatly in His commandments.  We have talked about this before now that the commandments are not meant to be restrictive but rather to free us from the bonds of sin.  If we want to have the best life possible, the happiest life, the life most free from drama, from sickness, from heartbreak, from every bad thing this world has to offer, then the commandments are our guidelines to such a life.  I personally want the best life I can have in this experience here on the earth and God, who knows everything, tells me this is the way to achieve that goal.  So I will live a lifestyle that God has suggested, I will put His words to the test and try His way of living, or rather I have done so.  The good news is, I don't need to try the other lifestyle to know it is not for me.  I have ample evidence all around me of what that path leads to.  The way I feel even contemplating such a lifestyle is enough to make me want to flee in horror.  No, a life of living the commandments is what I want.  It is what I choose, not for want of receiving a blessing, but because it leads to what I want out of my existence.  A life with my wife, in the presence of my Father in Heaven!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment