Saturday, January 25, 2014

What Helps You Overcome Sin?

Today I read Hosea 5 and somedays reading the scriptures feels like the movie Groundhog day.  I feel like I am reading the same things over and over again.  This chapter is another explanation of why they are being punished.  I can't really fault the Lord, after all, the ancient Israelites seemed to be slow learners.  I mean it's one thing if a child keeps making the same mistake, they don't know any better.  But to have a full grown adult keep turning back to their sins, like a dog returns to his vomit as the scriptures state, is almost incomprehensible.  However, having once been addicted to sin myself once upon a time, I can understand how hard it can be to break out of its clutches once it has you.  In my case it was only the love of a good woman that helped me truly thrust off the shackles of sin.  Everyone needs to find their own motivation and what will help them.  It is different for every person, but it's always there.  You just have to be willing to search it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment