Friday, January 3, 2014

Ezekiel Shown the Book of Mormon Would Come Forth

Today I read Ezekiel 37 where the Lord takes Ezekiel and gives him a vision.  It's a rather strange vision of a field of bones that the Lord tells him to prophesy will get skin and flesh.  The 2nd half of the chapter is very familiar to most Latter-day Saints who went to seminary.  It is a scripture mastery where the Lord tells Ezekiel that He will have two books of scripture and they will be used as one.  I'm not sure what the rest of the world thinks of this scripture, but Latter-day Saints believe that this is a prophecy about the Book of Mormon and the Bible being used together. 

It's not secret that I love the Book of Mormon.  From a doctrinal perspective, there is no comparison to the Book of Mormon.  It is clear, no way to misunderstand it, and it is so easy to feel the Spirit while reading it.  If I could convince every Christian to read it I would in a heartbeat.  It would make the world such a better place.  Even if those who read it did not become a Latter-day Saint, there is no way you can read this book with real intent and not be changed by it. 

Of course there are other ways to grow closer to Heavenly Father and understand His doctrine, but none are more effective than reading the Book of Mormon.  I've had more spiritual experiences reading the Book of Mormon, than with anything else I have ever done in my life.  I can't say enough good things about it.  I'm glad that Ezekiel got to know it was coming and I'm sure he was filled with joy and happiness to know that it would come forth one day and spread the good news of the Gospel to all the earth!  I sure would have been!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment