Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Lord Promises the Redemption of Israel

Today I read Isaiah 62 where the Lord tells the House of Israel that in the last days they shall be redeemed.  I've already spoken on the question of do modern day Jews even want this to happen?  However, there are those core members of the House of Judah that live in Israel still that, from what I understand, hold to the old ways and want this to happen.  So to them this is probably a breath of fresh air.  I know that if President Monson came out this Saturday during General Conference and told us that it was time to build the temple in Zion, Independence, Missouri, I would be one of the ones who wept for joy!  So I'm sure there are those that even today read this chapter with happiness and a sense of longing for it to happen sooner rather than later.  I am glad the Lord gave them that sense of hope and light at the end of the tunnel.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment