Monday, September 30, 2013

Choose to be Happy

Today I read Isaiah 61 and there wasn't a lot I was intrigued by in this chapter.  As a matter of fact I really only liked verse 10.  "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God;".  There are a lot of things in this world that can bring us down, but there is a lot that can bring us true, everlasting joy also.  We need to make sure that we don't become weighed down by the troubles of the world and forget to look on all that is good out there.  Lehi declared that men are that they might have joy.  This world was created for us, that we might get bodies and have a fulness of joy.  We are not fulfilling the measure of our creation if we choose to be sad or upset all the time.  It is most definitely a choice, don't let anyone fool you either.  I used to say a phrase all the time, I'm not sure why I don't anymore, but the phrase is, have a good day, and if it's not a good day, make it a good day.  We have the power to change our attitude and despite what a lot of people think, our attitude is entirely up to us.  It is all internal and our choice.  So choose to be happy and full of joy.  The Gospel is the good news, we have every reason to be happy, so be happy!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment