Sunday, September 8, 2013

Have Perfect Faith in God

Today I read Isaiah 36 where Isaiah tries to convince the people of Israel that putting your trust in man and the arm of flesh will not deliver them.  He asks them if the gods of the Assyrians have ever done anything to prove they are real and able to save mankind.  Of course the answer is no but it is a lesson that the Israelites need to learn again and again.  I can understand where the Israelites are coming from, it is hard to trust in something you have never seen or experienced yourself.  I would find it really hard to have complete faith in the Lord saving me from a flesh and blood enemy.  It is not that I don't believe He would protect me if He said He would, and I believe the scriptures where He has done so in the past, but having an enemy look you in the eye with a weapon and coming at you.  But we need to get to the point where we have perfect faith in Heavenly Father and that He will take care of us.  Once we get to that point, anything is possible, we can move mountains.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment