Tuesday, September 17, 2013

There is a Proper Way to Receive Revelation

Today I read Isaiah 44 and I laughed out loud at one point.  Towards the end of the chapter the Lord calls Himself the Lord that maketh all things, He goes on to say He frustrates the tokens of liars and maketh diviners mad.  It tickled my funny bone for some reason.  I can just picture a diviner getting angry at his/her craft not working the way it should.  But I must admit, I had never considered that the Lord might actively stop those workers of dark magic from working their craft.  Now that I have read the verse it makes sense to me, I just had not considered it before.  Heavenly Father would not want those people going through other sources to find out such things and so it would make sense that such people are frustrated in their craft.  Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and He has laid out the right way for us to receive revelation. If we want to make sure that we are doing as we ought to be, the easiest way is to follow that pattern that He has set forth.  Once we do this, we will never have to worry if we are doing as He wants us to.  We will have the peace of mind that our life is being lived in accordance with His will.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment