Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fear God, Not Man

Today I read Isaiah 31 where Isaiah warns against trusting in man instead of God.  It is an easy trap to fall into, but one that is detrimental to our development.  If we are going to live with God one day, we must put His will ahead of our own.  Joseph Smith fell into that trap when he feared upsetting Martin Harris more than he did upsetting God.  And as a result, we lost the book of Lehi.  I once had a decision to make whether to follow what God wanted me to do, or whether I was going to go my own way.  It wasn't all that hard to choose to follow God, but it was almost physically painful giving up what I wanted to follow His plan for me.  But if I hadn't, I would not be where I am today.  I would not have married my wife or had my beautiful daughter.  I once heard it described that we see things straight on, like we always do, but God is looking down from above, so He can see what's around the bend when we can't.  If we trust in Him, we will not be disappointed.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment