Friday, September 27, 2013

Observing the Sabbath Day

Today I read Isaiah 58 where the Lord urges us to call the Sabbath a delight.  I have found in my life that when I rest from my physical labors on the Sabbath and use the time to do the Lord's work, my home teaching, attending Church for all of my meetings, visiting family, sick or afflicted, I am rejuvenated.  It can be a challenge for some to keep the Sabbath holy that is for sure.  Currently I am unable to keep the Sabbath day holy as I would like to be able to.  My work requires that I work, however even this I find is not as arduous as other work days.  The work place seems to have a calmness to it not present on any other day.  However, my preferred choice of course is to not have to work and to rest from my labors and spend the day with my family and my church friends.  If only the rest of the world could understand what a blessing the Sabbath is and would collectively observe it!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment