Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Chastity of Women

Today I read Jeremiah 5 which is full of imagery of how the Israelites have abandoned the Lord.  My favorite was from verse 8 where he says that Israel is like fed horses, everyone neighing after his neighbor.  It's very descriptive and I have to say it reminds me a lot of the culture we associate with construction workers, calling after every woman who walks by.  This past weekend Elder D. Todd Christopherson talked about how our world is debasing women with how they are portrayed in our culture and society.  A virtuous woman is more precious than diamonds the scriptures tell us and truly it is accurate.  I love how my wife is not the normal woman we see on television and in other forms of media.  She is concerned with being modest and being virtuous and I love her for it.  Our Father in Heaven delights in the chastity of women.  I have been trying my best to delight in it as well.  I am getting there a little at a time.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment