Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Lord Will Destroy Jerusalem Because of Its Wickedness

Today I read Jeremiah 15 and it makes me wonder, what did the people in that time think when they were told they would all be killed or taken captive and that Jerusalem would be destroyed?  I imagine they did not take it seriously.  I imagine that, like the Nephites, they revered the false prophets that told them to eat, drink and be merry, and called the true prophets who told them the things they didn't want to hear, false prophets.  I can't even imagine what it would be like to have someone tell me that my home would be destroyed because of my wickedness and that I would be killed at the same time.  However, since I do my best to follow the commandments and do as Heavenly Father asks of me, if the prophet ever did tell me that, I would at least know all of that would not be as a result of my own sins and failure to do as the Lord has asked of me.  Hopefully I will not be told such things, but one never knows.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment