Saturday, October 12, 2013

Human Sacrifice is an Abomination

Today I read Jeremiah 7 where the Lord reprimands Israel.  Among the reasons for His displeasure are human sacrifices.  Few things are as abhorrent to me as the thought of human sacrifices.  I cannot even imagine how Satan managed to convince people that this is a good thing or something that God would want.  Sure, I understand it is twisting the true principle of the law of sacrifice, however, it is a huge jump from sacrificing a lamb to a little child.  This is one of those instances where I don't understand how God can allow such evil and atrocities to continue.  If I am going to become like God is, I have a long way to go in order to have the patience that He does.  I can't stand such abhorrent behavior.  I know that Heavenly Father always takes care of it in His own time, but sometimes I wonder why He doesn't just destroy them the way He did Sodom and Gomorrah?  I'm sure I'll find out one day.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment