Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Lord Knew Jeremiah Before His Birth

Today I read Jeremiah chapter 1, which is a famous scripture that everyone uses to point towards a pre-mortal existence.  In verse 5 the Lord tells Jeremiah that He knew Jeremiah before he was formed in his mother's womb.  I have always loved this scripture as it is the most clear cut verse, and is in the Bible, that shows we lived before this life.  And if we lived before this life, we will continue to live after this life.  Because why would there be a life before this one, but not afterwards?  It wouldn't make sense.  At least not to me.  I have to admit, that I have never read this far into the Bible before.  I have read the book of Ezekiel before and Jonah and Malachi, but never the other books after Isaiah so this is new territory for me.  I am excited to see what the Lord will teach me from the words of His ancient prophets, and of course I will share it with all of you as well.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment