Saturday, October 5, 2013

Will We Eat Meat in the Millennium?

Today I read Isaiah 66 which has to do with the Millennium.  I have been taught in the past that when Christ comes again we will all be vegetarians, but until today have never found any scriptural evidence of this.  I still don't know if it is true that we will never eat meat, but based on what I read today, I do believe that we will not eat meat with the same frequency that we are now.  In verse 3 it says that "he that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man;"  That's pretty open and shut to me.  We have also always been taught that the lion and the lamb shall lie down together and will not hurt nor destroy in all His holy mountain.  I don't think we will be eating a lot of meat, if at all, during this period of time.  However, as with most everything else that has to do with the millennium, it is useless to speculate as we may be entirely incorrect.  The best thing to do is prepare ourselves so that if Christ's second coming happens in our lifetime, we are ready for it!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment