Sunday, October 13, 2013

Jeremiah Continues His Lamentation

Today I read Jeremiah 8 and I am a little ashamed to say that as I was reading my main thought was how many times can  you say the same thing?  I feel like I have been reading the same chapter over and over again as Jeremiah is just finding new and creative ways to say the same thing.  Israel is not staying true to her covenants and is going after strange gods.  It reminds me of the lamentation of Nephi, but Nephi only went on for a part of a chapter.  Jeremiah is talking for several chapters about the faithlessness of the Israelites.  Perhaps the difference was Jeremiah was writing on scrolls whereas Nephi was etching his words into metal plates.  I'm not sure.  However I think that tomorrow I will read chapters 9 - 15 since according to the chapter headings, they are about the same thing.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment