Friday, October 18, 2013

Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy in the Lord's Way

Today I read Jeremiah 17 and the verse I was most impressed with was concerning the Sabbath and keeping it holy.  I have often wondered just why some people seem incapable of taking a day off during the week.  What truly cannot wait until Monday that has to be done on Sunday?  I can think of very few things.  But as a society, we have convinced ourselves that we need to work on Sundays, to shop on Sundays, to play on Sundays and in short do whatever we would do on a normal day.  Heavenly Father has taught by His own example that it is important to take breaks and rest during the week.  Even He rested on the seventh day the scriptures state.  It honestly saddens me that we cannot overcome our own selfish desire to gratify our earthly desires on even one day of the week.  It seems like all I can do though is be a good example of how to behave and show the world one person at a time that there is a better way.  And that is what I do.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment