Sunday, March 9, 2014

They Wander the Earth To and Fro

Today I read Zechariah 1 where the Lord shows Zechariah that Jerusalem will be rebuilt.  But the part that got me thinking was a phrase found in verse 10 and 11.  Zechariah was shown a vision of some trees which he was told represent angels that the Lord has put on the earth to wander to and fro.  I had never thought before if there were angels always on the earth, but it does make sense.  It was either Joseph Smith or Brigham Young who said that the Saints had entertained angels unawares.  I wonder if I have ever met any angels in my time here on the earth without knowing it? 

Now that I think on it, there was an instance in college where I was walking down some stairs and seated under the stairs was a man I had never seen before, but as I was walking away he distinctly said, "Hi Fred".  I turned and waved and said hello to be polite, but to this day I have no idea who he was.  I had never seen him before or since.  Was he an angel, probably not.  But it's fun to think on such things and try and add some mystery to strange events.  All will be revealed in time and then I will know if I have entertained angels unawares.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment