Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Lord Will Destroy Jerusalem

Today I read Zephaniah 1 where the Lord shows Zephaniah the destruction of Jerusalem and tells him it is a shadow of the Second Coming.  The more I read the Old Testament, the more I realize that the Lord is indeed fulfilling His promise to Amos, that He does nothing without telling the prophets about it first.  And that there are multiple witnesses to what the Lord says.  I have lost track of the number of prophets who foretold the destruction of Jerusalem.  Now, I'm looking at things from a different perspective, hindsight is always 20/20 they say.  Would I be inclined to believe it if someone came and told me that New York would be destroyed?  From a random person, probably not.  From President Monson?  I would.  But I already believe and know that President Monson is a prophet of God.  So the comparison is not really accurate.  If only everyone knew the proper order of things, but if we knew that, we would already be in the millennium and everything else would be better too.  I will just have to be patient I guess.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment