Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pure Language

Today I read Zephaniah 3 where the Lord tells Zephaniah about the millennium.  One thing I don't think I ever knew, or at least I forgot I knew it, is that everyone will speak a "pure" language when the Lord comes again.  I wonder if the the Lord will teach us the original Adamic language?  According to Moroni, that language was mighty in writing to the moving of those who read it.  I'm not sure what that means exactly although I do recall in one of my religion classes at BYU being told that Joseph Smith taught that the Adamic language could convey emotions in a way we can't comprehend.  I don't really know what that means, but I enjoy languages and the study of language.  I speak Mandarin from my time as a missionary and it just fascinates me how different Mandarin is from English.  How it conveys meanings in different ways.  I am sure the Adamic language is just fascinating.  I can't wait to study it and learn it someday.  Even if that day is after my mortal life is over.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment