Monday, March 3, 2014

Habakkuk Prays to the Lord

Today I read Habakkuk 3.  It's always interesting to read someone else's prayers.  It's not an experience we get to read about very often.  Enos recorded his prayer, Alma recorded one of his prayers, the Savior recorded one of His prayers and now we have Habakkuk.  Is it bad that most of my prayers feel unremarkable?  I can remember a few prayers in my life that I have said, but they were so personal that I would hesitate to put them down on paper for generations to read later.  That is something I need to work on then, to increase the meaning of my prayers.  I need to start putting an emphasis on them and make sure I am not just going through the motions with vain repetitions.  It can be a challenge.  When things are going well in your life, it is easy to fall into a pattern and make things routine.  We need to make sure our worship of our God does not become routine and that it remains sacred.  That is the bigger challenge these days with so many distractions.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment