Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Mysterious Vision

Today I read Zechariah 4 which is another vision that Zechariah sees.  I honestly did not gain anything from this chapter.  Although the last verse does intrigue me.  I am not sure what he means by the two anointed ones that stand by the Lord of the world.  Now, I have heard in the past, and I cannot remember where I have heard this, that the first presidency of the church of Christ on the earth are Jesus, Adam and Noah.  I think that is one of the statements that Joseph Smith made once.  But I honestly wonder if it means what we think it means?  I'm not sure.  Much like the scriptures themselves, I think that statements made by the Lord's anointed ones can have multiple meanings.  However the two anointed ones are that Zechariah saw in his vision, I'm sure they are good and righteous men who have fought the good fight.  Beyond that, I don't really need to know who they are.  It is not important to my salvation.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment