Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pray for Your Fellow Man

Today I read Zephaniah 2 where Zephaniah talks about all the various cities and civilizations that will be laid waste because of their unbelief and wicked practices.  I sometimes will think on why Heavenly Father allows a civilization to reach full iniquity before removing them.  I know He does not like destroying the righteous although when He does, they receive their reward so it is not as sad.  And I know He spares civilizations because of the prayers of the righteous, so perhaps it is as simple as that.  Perhaps the righteous of each of those civilizations prayed for God to have pity on them.  It is interesting. 

I don't think I have ever prayed for God to have pity on my society.  I don't think  have ever prayed for their well being.  Now, when I was a missionary, I did pray that they would be receptive to the message of the Gospel and that they would have compassion on us missionaries, but I think that is the closest I have ever come.  And as I sit here thinking about it, I feel the urge to repent.  It seems to me, that not praying for my fellow man, shows a startling lack of compassion that needs to be rectified.  I wonder what someone else would get out of this chapter?  Would they feel the same as I do now?  I'm not sure, but I do know that my path is clear.  I have some repenting to do.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment