Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Israel Will Be Redeemed Eventually

Today I read Zechariah 12 and 13 which both have to do with the Second Coming of the Savior.  It is interesting to me just how many of the prophecies of the Old Testament prophets have to do with the Second Coming of Christ.  I personally think that is because they also have to do with the redemption of Israel, a topic they were extremely concerned about.  And I can't say I really blame them at all, because if you think about it, if we were told that our descendants would fall into apostasy and become degenerates and regress in technology and start behaving like brutes, wouldn't that cause most of us some anguish?  But if we were then told that it was only temporary and that at some point, they would be redeemed and would become a good and delight some people again, I think that would give us all some hope and we would much rather focus on that for sure. 

I know just from reading the Book of Mormon that Nephi was extremely upset that his posterity, people he would never know personally, fell away from the truth.  So upset in fact that it caused him literal anguish.  I'm glad the Lord let His prophets know there was hope and that Israel would be redeemed.  It was a very merciful thing to do.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment