Monday, January 7, 2013

Kings Rise and Kings Fall

Today I read 2 Kings 14 and I have to say, it felt like every other chapter I have read of 2 Kings thus far.  With so many different kings and so many that did that which was wrong and that which was right, it is hard to keep them straight.  And it doesn't help that they all seem to have very similar names.  All I can say for certain is that there was a king in Judah who did that which was righteous, to a point, but did not follow God with his whole heart and did not get rid of the high places.

I have to say that I am finding it very tedious to read the Old Testament.  I miss the spiritualness of the Book of Mormon.  This is honestly why I stopped reading the Old Testament years ago when I was wanting to read through all the standard works.  I am not getting any growth out of this reading and I feel weighed down because I am not growing from my scripture reading.  Reading the Book of Mormon with my daughter helps, but it is not the same.  Perhaps I should read a chapter of the Book of Mormon on my own throughout the day?  I think that would be a good idea.  And that is what I will do!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment