Tuesday, January 22, 2013

God Lives and Wants to Help Us

Today I read 1 Chronicles 14 where David seeks the will of God in fighting his enemy the Philistines.  I have to say that after months of reading the Old Testament and how fickle the Israelites are it is a comfort to see someone, anyone who still relies on the Lord.  Having been raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I have known that God lives my entire life and have known that I could pray to Him for anything, anything at all and get an answer.  I have put this to the test many times and I have received answers to prayers that could have come in no other fashion other than another entity intruded into my thoughts and gave me the information I was looking for.

Given my background, it is very sad to read the Old Testament how entire generations of Israelites, God's chosen people, have no faith in God and openly mock Him by worshiping idols instead of turning to Him as they should.  It is a small part of what God Himself feels I am sure.  I can only think that that people have never had to rely upon God for anything.  If they had relied on Him, even once, and known that He was real and had a testimony, they would not have turned away from Him.  At least that is how I feel and like most people I have a tendency to think that most people are like me.  So perhaps I am way off base here and they had a testimony and they were just weak willed.  I am not sure honestly. 

What I am sure of, is that God lives, and He wants to be involved in our lives and when we let Him in, amazing things happen.  I speak from experience on this point because I have seen His miraculous hand in my life and I know He lives.  Everyone can have this knowledge if they only ask.  He is ready and waiting for us to reach out to Him.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment