Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jehu Casts Out Baal

Today I read 2 Kings 10 where Jehu killed all of Ahab's children and killed everyone who served Baal.  However, based on the other events, I don't think that Jehu did it to serve God.  While Jehu ordered the death of everyone who served Baal, however he did not get rid of the golden calves and still did not serve God the way he should have. 

While it's true that serving God can be demanding and that we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard if we are to serve Him, nevertheless it is the right thing to do.  We must overcome the natural man and live the commandments.  At first it will be hard and will be a challenge, but as we live them and pray and ask for help, we will eventually become better and will enjoy living the commandments.  I really enjoy following the Word of Wisdom, I can't stand all the sins of this world that have to do with alcohol, tobacco and other substances that should be avoided.  It's really sad how addicted people are to these things.  And don't even get me started on the illegal drugs.  Every person has to decide for themselves who they will serve, but I choose to serve God because I want to.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment