Sunday, January 6, 2013

Elisha Dies

Today I read 2 Kings 13 where Elisha dies.  According to the scriptures, Elisha died of a disease.  The circumstances were very strange indeed.  He had his servant shoot an arrow out of a window, and then hit the ground.  The amount of times he hit the ground was the amount of battles Israel would win against Syria.  The servant hit the ground three times and so they won three battles as I understand it.

The really neat part of this chapter to me, is that after Elisha is buried, a group of Moabites are trying to bury one of their dead.  They decided to put the dead man in Elisha's tomb, although I am sure they had no idea who was buried there.  When the dead man touched Elisha's bones the man was restored to life.  That is pretty neat to me.  I wonder what was so special about that Moabite that the Lord wanted to bring him back to life?  Because the way the story is written, it is not like any of them had faith, and so it was just a boon that the Lord gave them.  Very interesting indeed.   Maybe the Lord just had pity on them.  Who knows?  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment