Thursday, January 17, 2013

King Zedekiah Takes Over and Lehi Leaves Jerusalem

Today I read 2 Kings 24 which is more of the same as the rest of the book.  This one is special however in that it contains a link to the Book of Mormon.  This chapter starts the reign of king Zedekiah, which is the year that Lehi and his family left Jerusalem.  There is something about the Book of Mormon, it brings the Spirit in a way none of the other Standard Works can.  The New Testament contains the words or our Savior, however, even the New Testament cannot bring the Spirit in quite the same way as the Book of Mormon.

I sometimes wonder what life would be like if all the world read the Book of Mormon and followed the principles it taught.  Life would probably be much like what I imagine the Millennium will be like one day.  People who care about one another and have no thought at all to hurt someone else.  A place with no poor among them.  I look forward to a day like that someday.  Part of me hopes to live to see it in person, another part doesn't want to live through the horrors that will happen before that day.  Either way, I long for it.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment