Thursday, January 31, 2013

David Praises the Lord

Today I read 1 Chronicles 29 where David praises the Lord and acknowledges that Solomon is the new king.  I can definitely see why so many people feel that David is the Psalmist.  He definitely does a lot of song writing and poem writing in the scriptures and frequently will praise the Lord in lyrical style.  Personally I don't feel it's very important to know who the Psalmist is, however some do and I think David is as good a guess as any.  And so once again we end the story of David and move on to his son Solomon and we really didn't learn anything new from the book of 1 Chronicles that we didn't already know from 1 and 2 Samuel.  But it is always good to have the information and I'm sure it was included for a reason.  If nothing else it helps Historians, for which I am glad.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment