Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ahaz Defiles the Temple and Destroys the Brasen Sea

Today I read 2 Kings 16 and I shudder to think what the Lord had to say to Ahaz when Ahaz stood before Him.  I mean to defile the temple and take out all the precious things and cast down the baptismal font like that, if there ever was a way to upset Heavenly Father, one of the best ways is to defile His House, or the temple.

It just makes me wonder what he was even thinking.  I have said many times before this that we only get the bare bones of the story and what is happening in the scriptures, but this is one of those times that I wish we could know the whole story.  Even the bad kings of Judah and Israel weren't dumb enough to defile the temple!  So why was Ahaz so dumb?  It is of course none of my business but I can't help wonder what his ultimate fate was.  As we all know God will not be mocked so I can't imagine it was very pleasant, but I suppose I will never find out, and that is probably a good thing.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment