Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What He Does is For Our Benefit



Today I read 2 Nephi 26 and I liked how Nephi said that the Lord does not do anything, unless it is for the benefit of man.  Sometimes as a human we can get caught up in the day to day troubles that we face and it can seem like Heavenly Father is picking on us.  I know I have felt this way sometimes.  It can feel like He is purposefully withholding righteous desires, such as marriage, just for the spite of it.  However, much like we sometimes withhold things from our earthly children if we know it is not in their best interests to have it.  Even if they really want it, we know better.  I have to believe Heavenly Father is the same way.  He knows what is best for us and what will help us grow and become better than we are.  Sometimes we think we know what we want, and sometimes He gives it to us.  But then we find out that it is not what we want.  It is better to just trust in Him and listen to what He desires for us.  This is the best way I think.  Trust in Him and we will never go wrong.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment