Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Improving in Prayer

Today I read 2 Nephi 32 and it struck me as a little odd.  In the first verse Nephi chastises his people for pondering the things that he has taught them, and then later on in verse 4 he says if you can't understand his words it is because you do not ask or knock, or in other words, you have not pondered them.  I do understand that Nephi is saying that we need to listen to the words of the prophets and do as they say, but the way he says it is a little odd. 

I have always loved verses 8 and 9 that state we need to pray always.  Prayer has been on my mind a lot lately.  My prayers are not what they should be and I don't like that.  I have been pondering for some time what I can do to make my prayers better.  I think back to how I was as a missionary and how I prayed then and I am slowly striving for that again.  I don't think you need to live like a missionary to pray like one, but it does help for sure.  But when it comes to prayer the first step is to make a conscious choice to improve.  This I am doing today.  I will improve.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment