Monday, May 5, 2014

I Have Been Redeemed

Today I read 2 Nephi 14 and I have often wondered what is meant by the first verse.  It says that seven women will grab hold of one man and ask to be called by his name to take away their reproach.  What does it matter if a woman is called by a man's name?  Perhaps I am too affected by today's standards where a woman is perfectly capable of doing everything she needs to on her own.  I don't know honestly.  But it always seemed really strange to me.  Perhaps it is to protect her from other men?  I don't know.  The part that I do like is about God redeeming His people.  Because I need to be redeemed.  I do not do horrible sins, but like everyone on this earth, I make mistakes and I am not perfect, at all.  So I am very glad to know that God has Redeemed me.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment