Thursday, May 15, 2014

Unanswered Questions About the Millennium

Today I read 2 Nephi 21 which is the well known chapter about the conditions of the millennium where all the meat eating animals will no longer eat meat.  This chapter has often caused me to contemplate whether mankind will eat meat during the millennium too.  I think I have talked about this before, but I still have not come up with an answer really.  Perhaps we will only eat the animals the die of natural causes?  But if mankind will live to the age of a tree, will the animals live that long also?  So many unanswered questions, but truthfully we don't need answers to these questions as the Savior Himself will be here when this time comes and will be able to give us instructions.  I do like the idea that all of the dangerous animals will no longer be dangerous.  I look forward to that day and to being able to mix and mingle with the animals without fear.  It will be fun I think.  I wonder if we will be able to communicate with them too?  So much to ponder.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment