Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Trust that the Lord Knows Best

Today I read 2 Nephi 31 where Nephi tells us why the Savior was baptized.  I have always liked how after Nephi tells us, he then asks us that if the Savior Himself was baptized, why do we think that we don't need to be.  It is very classic.  It reminds me of D&C 122 where the Lord asks Joseph if he is better than the Savior, that the Savior has suffered all things and that we need to be humble and suffer all that the Lord has seen fit to afflict us with.  After all only He knows what is best for us.  It can be very hard to humble ourselves and accept what He has chosen for us sometimes, especially when it is hard to physically bear.  Trials are not meant to be easy, but some are definitely more challenging than others.  I am very glad my trials have all been easy by comparison to others that I have seen.  Does that mean I don't need to grow as much as others?  I don't really know.  I can tell you that what trials I have had in my life have stretched me and caused me to become a better man, the kind of man that I have always wanted to be.  It is partially because of this that I will continue to trust in Him.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment