Sunday, May 25, 2014

God Only Cares if We are Doing What is Right

Today I read 2 Nephi 30 and the main message I took away is that God is no respecter of persons.  He doesn't care if you are a Jew or a Gentile, if you are following His commandments, you will be saved as the last day.  If you are not following them, it doesn't matter if you were one of the covenant people, you will not be saved by the fact that you are a member of the Church, or of the house of Israel.  God is not concerned with our pedigree but rather with what we have done with our time on the earth.

I am also found it funny to picture nice snakes.  It talks about none of the animals will destroy and it specifically mentions the asp and the cockatrice in this chapter.  An asp is extremely deadly and poisoness.  When I think of snakes I think of short tempered animals who strike first and ask questions later to think of them as nice and not wanting to hurt anyone is a real stretch of the imagination for me.  I certainly believe it will happen because God said it would, but it is still strange to think about.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment