Saturday, May 3, 2014

How Can I Help?



Today I read 2 Nephi 13 and it made me wonder why did Nephi choose to read this chapter to his people?  Was it to show them that the people at Jerusalem were not as righteous as they thought?  To let them know that they left for a very real reason?  It also says that Jerusalem was destroyed due to the sin of Sodom, or not caring for the poor among them.  It is the same sin we have today.  As I was reading this chapter I got to thinking that there are so many ways we could help people, especially with food.  Last year or the year before that my wife and I watched a special on the Food Network where 4 top chefs prepared 2 separate meals for 100 people using only left over vegetables that could not be sold to market and food that is thrown away by restaurants.  They were able to do it and have plenty left over.  As I was reading today, I got to thinking, why aren’t we donating all this left over food or “unsellable” food to food kitchens and homeless shelters?  There is SO much more we could do as a society.  I think I am going to look into how I can get more involved and help.  I think that would make Heavenly Father happy.  To take care of those who cannot help themselves.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment