Monday, May 19, 2014

Joy in the Sciptures

Today I read 2 Nephi 25 where Nephi tells us why he has quoted so much of Isaiah to his people.  It is interesting that Nephi acknowledges that Isaiah is hard to understand for his people.  He then goes on to say that he has spoken plainly so that it cannot be misunderstood.  I myself prefer plainness.  I like to know exactly what I am reading and what it means.  Now I fully acknowledge that all scriptures have multiple meanings and that when we are in a certain frame of mind we will interpret the scriptures a certain way.  And when we have grown and matured, a scripture that we have read dozens of times suddenly takes on a new meaning for us.  That is one of the reasons that the scriptures are so wonderful.  No matter what is going on in your life, you can read them and gain something from them.  Heavenly Father sure knows what He is doing!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment