Sunday, May 11, 2014

His Hand is Stretched Out Still

Today I read 2 Nephi 19 where Isaiah is speaking Messianically.  My favorite part about this chapter is as Isaiah goes through and lists all the ways God's people reject Him and turn away from Him.  However, Isaiah says that despite all of this, God's hand is not turned away from His people but is stretched out still, meaning that He still wants us to return to Him and do what is right.  There is only one sin that I know of that there is no coming back from.  Other than that one sin, we can always return to Him and choose the right.  How wonderful and awesome is that?  I know that I am forever grateful that no matter what I do, I can repent and come to live with Him again someday.  As long as I stay away from the unpardonable sin I can change my ways and return to live with Him again.  That is a wonderful feeling.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment