Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What is it About Mankind that Breeds Violence?



Today I read 2 Nephi 10 where Jacob continues to talk with the Israelites.  It is so interesting that despite their strong testimonies of Him, that Nephi and Jacob did not know the Savior’s name while He would be on the earth until this chapter.  I guess they just always referred to Him as Jehovah.  Other thoughts I had while reading this chapter though were more on what verse 13 where it says that he who fights against Zion shall perish.  What it is it about religion that gets people so stirred up?  And I really don’t mind if you don’t agree with me, but why do some people get so upset that they fight and in fact go to war over it?  That is what I cannot understand.  Who would want to believe in a God that demands obedience enforced by the sword?  It is sad really that people feel the need to be so violent.  I guess it is part of being a natural man.  We are just prone to violence when something doesn’t go our way.  It is not in the nature of man to solve things peacefully.  Those that do, make a conscious choice to do so.  If only more of us did.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment