Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Why Did the Spirit Appear to Nephi?

Today I read 1 Nephi 11 and I have often wondered why did the Spirit of the Lord appear to Nephi first?  Why didn't the angel just appear to him in the first place?  Was it to teach Nephi that the Spirit is also a man, or in the image of God?  I'm not sure.  But I do like that Nephi makes mention that he speaks with him face to face and that he had the appearance of a man.  To my knowledge this is the only instance in all of the scriptures that the Spirit appears to someone.  I know he appears in the form of a dove when the Savior was baptized, but I cannot think of another place in the scriptures where he appears to someone in his normal state, as a man.  I wonder if Nephi knows just how lucky he is?  I'm sure he does now, but at the time, I wonder.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment