Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Teach Your Children Properly

Today I read 2 Nephi 4 and the beginning part of the chapter caught my attention.  Lehi is speaking to his grandchildren in this chapter before he dies.  He says to Laman's children that he knows if they are taught the right way, they will not depart from it.  It got me thinking while I was reading it, that as parents we have a terrific responsibility to teach our children the proper way to live.  To make sure they know and understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  If we don't teach them the right way to live, who will?

I have been listening to the April 1973 General Conference recently and one of the common themes I am hearing is that the Gospel needs to be taught in the home.  Leaders at church cannot do it alone without assistance.  We need to ensure that they are given the proper protection before they leave the home each day.  Just like in times of war a soldier needs his armor to stay safe, we are at war with the world over the Spirituality of our families.  We need to help our children put on the armor of God.  This is the best way to ensure their safety.  Teach them well.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment