Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Reasons for What God Does



Today I read 1 Nephi 9 where Nephi explains how he was commanded to make the smaller plates for the recording of his ministry.  I liked how in verse 6 Nephi says that the Lord has all power to the fulfilling of His word.  I sometimes wonder why the Lord will step in sometimes about certain things, but not others.  The Lord will sometimes actively soften someone’s heart to allow them to do something, but He did not step in to soften Martin Harris’ wife from stealing the 116 pages.  I know the Lord has a purpose for everything, but it is just strange to me, a mortal trying to understand God, why He steps in sometimes, but not others.  Despite the reasons Heavenly Father has, it is always fascinating to see Him step in, thousands of years in advance, to prepare for something that will happen later.  Truly awe inspiring!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment