Monday, April 7, 2014

God Does Not Change

Today I read 1 Nephi 10 and as I was reading it, my mind went back to General Conference from yesterday and Saturday.  I remember thinking yesterday that the Lord states He is unchanging from yesterday to today.  He states that he does not change and His pattern is the same.  If that is the case, why would we not have prophets in our day?  Of course we do, but I was trying to think in the mind of a non-believer.  Nephi also states in this chapter that God does not change.  Now, there are times when the people of the world cannot handle something and so God holds back part of the doctrine or revokes a commandment, but that is always the fault of the people, not God. 

God is the same today as He was on the day of creation.  He calls prophets and I know beyond doubt that the current prophet is Thomas S. Monson.  We had the privilege of listening to him speak yesterday and Saturday and those that listened with the Spirit of Christ knew he was called of God.  It is undeniable and it is easy to see he is a prophet of God.  How grateful I am for my testimony!  Aside from my family, it is my most precious possession by far.  I hope you also treasure your testimony.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment